Friday, July 9, 2010

Dead Beat Dad

My son just turned 12 this past Monday and it's a real shame that his biological father has never sent him a birthday card, Christmas gift, or Child Support. Not even a simple Phone call. Austin's biological father hasn't seen him since he was 9 mths old. I wish I could fixed this for my son, because I know he thinks about why his real father doesn't want nothing to do with him. Why can't dead beat dad's see want effect there non-existence has on a child. Just a simple gift or phone call would make my child feel special and like his biological father knows he exist. What's even worse is that the only contact we had from his real father is to request that he gives his rights up as his father. Child Support Enforcement is in the State of Florida and he is currently on probation with the State of Florida, but the State of Florida cannot collect a simple Court Ordered Support amount of a whopping 29.00 a week. His biological father has been on probation for over two years now. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. We as a society, should change the way the Child Support Enforcement is governed. Our children deserve better than this! Please tell me if you have similar problems or concerns. Maybe, together we can be heard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda I appreciate your little comment concerning dead beat dad's but as far as Austin goes, I do not know where he is, or for that matter you have never told me

Boilermaker's Wife said...

You have known how to contact us for all of Austin's life. It wasn't till we left the State to work, is when you decided to contact us ,only to request for me to let you reliquish your parental rights. Not knowing where a child is doesn't give you the right to not pay Child Support. We know how to contact you now and Austin will be in touch with you soon. He is a little nervous about meeting or talking with you, so it may take some time for him to get up the nerve to call you. So please be patient.